Non Surgical Upper Airway Remodeling
SELLWOOD-MORELAND AND PORTLAND OR
The field of dentistry is always changing and evolving with new treatments and technologies. Now, oral appliance therapy is changing—for the better—through the revolutionary new DNA appliance.
This oral appliance method can be used for both craniofacial development and pneumopedics, which is defined as remodeling the upper airway through a non-surgical method.
THE DNA ADVANTAGES
- The DNA appliance only needs to be worn in the early evening, and again at night while sleeping. This remodels the airway but also gives the muscles in the orofacial system time to rest during the day. Plus, no one has to know that you are wearing it.
- Sleep apnea patients who use the DNA appliance report sleeping longer and better. Others see their snoring diminish.
- Other patients with the DNA appliance have noticed a broader, wider smile, and even an improvement in their facial aesthetics.
- Parents of children who use the DNA appliance have reported their children have more focus, better behavior, and improved performance in school as well as athletics.
- Using the DNA appliance is comfortable and painless.
WHY SHOULD YOU USE THE DNA APPLIANCE?
If you suffer from a sleep breathing disorder such as sleep apnea, you may experience excessive fatigue throughout the day and trouble focusing.
If you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, just waiting and hoping for the problem to go away will not solve anything. Many cases of sleep apnea go undiagnosed or untreated; these individuals have a much higher risk factor for developing chronic conditions including cardiac disease, stroke, diabetes, cognitive decline, and depression.
The standard treatment for sleep apnea is the use of a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine, which is worn continuously during sleep as it forces air through the airway. This machine can be inconvenient, particularly during travel, and is noisy.
The DNA appliance offers a new, alternative option for treating sleep apnea. If you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea or notice symptoms of the sleep breathing disorder such as loud snoring or always feeling fatigued, then contact Whole Health Dentistry today by calling our office at (503) 462-1538.
Whole Health Dentistry is proud to provide total oral health care for patients in the Oregon communities of Sellwood-Moreland and Portland.